Online courses are one of the most popular passive income ideas for coaches. You can create premium courses that sell for $97, $997, and up. Courses can be created easily and sold as self-study programs that people can buy and download.This means more free time for you and more money too!
How To Create A Course In 5 Steps
In the video I go into detail on the following 5 steps to create an online course:
Step 1 - Decide what result you are helping your clients to get.
Step 2 - Write the steps that have to be taken in order to get the results.
These steps can be 3, 5, 10 steps. It doesn't matter as long as it's all the steps they need to get the result.
For example Healthy Self-Esteem:
- Step 1 - Discovering limiting beliefs
- Step 2 - Dispelling the limiting beliefs
- Step 3 - Self-assertiveness techniques
- Step 4 - Develop strengths
Step 3 - Decide how you will create the course.
Different options for creating a course would be, videos, audios, and/or notes.
A quality course would have all three.
Step 4 - Create the course and include key components
Key Components Of A Course:
Each of your lessons should include the following.
- Objective - State what is the objective of the lesson
- State why the lesson is an important step in aiding to get the desired end result.
- Teach the lesson. Teach your heart out
- Demonstrate - Ensure you demonstrate how to apply the lesson. This can be done with a tutorial or how to.
- Apply - Create assignments, exercises, quizzes to help your customer apply what they learned in the lesson.
- Include things that will make the lesson or step easy for the customer to get a result. This includes, worksheets, cheat sheets, checklist, etc.
Video course ideas - bobblehead video or presentation.
To record a bobblehead video you can easily record from a really good webcam.
To record a presentation, use PowerPoint or Keynote. You can record your video from these programs
Audio course - Record your video using a free software called Audacity www.audacityteam.org.
Notes - Create your lessons in a word processor such as Microsoft Word and save as a PDF.
If you want to create a quality course you should do all three.
All you have to do is record your video and then convert the video into an audio file.
There's free video to audio converters online. Do a google search for "free video to audio converter" or "free mp4 to mp3" converter.
Step 5 - Deliver the Course
If you do not have a website or you are not skilled in editing your website, you can deliver your course quick and easy using websites such as:
Update: The best platforms to use are...
These 5 steps should get you going on creating your first online course.
Leave me a comment and let me know what type of course you will create. In addition, if you have further questions about how to create a course, leave a comment so I can create more free content for you.